At some point or other, we’ve all suffered from a toothache. At the time of pain, nothing comes to us except for the fact that we all run to the nearest dentist. But, you can use some easy kitchen hacks for quick relief from tooth pain. It was not always that dentists were easily approachable as are in present day. So, here’s some granny’s toothache home remedy for instant tooth pain relief.
5 ingredients from the kitchen that helps give relief from tooth pain
There are n numbers of home remedies for a toothache, but whenever we go complaining to our mom about tooth pain, we here only a few and the first among all will be clove or clove oil. Cloves have antibacterial, antioxidant and anaesthetic properties that help soothe down the pain instantly.
I still have it fresh in memories, how my mum used to mix some salt with turmeric and mustard oil and asked me to brush my teeth with the past every weekend. Salt is another antibacterial ingredient found commonly in our kitchen which gives us relief from a toothache immediately.
I know it smells bad and most of us don’t like it, but because of its antibiotic properties, Garlic is one of the ingredients that can be used for relief from tooth pain.
Another ingredient with a pungent smell which ends up giving a bad breath is also effective for giving relief from a toothache. Its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties help kill germs giving relief from a toothache caused by germs or cavities.
Peppermint oil is used to cure a toothache as it has antibacterial properties similar to cloves. It is an effective painkiller and is also used as mouth freshener to get relief of bad breath.
5 quick tooth pain relief tips for a healthy smile:
- Dip a cotton ball with few drops of clove oil and apply it in the pain area. This will give you relief from a toothache in few minutes. You can repeat the procedure three to four times a day if the pain persists.
- You can soak the cotton ball with few drops of Peppermint oil and rub the pain area gently. Repeat it two to three times a day if needed.
- Mix a pinch or teaspoonful salt in warm water and rinse your mouth with it keeping the water in the pain affected area for few seconds.
- If you can, then chewing a clove of garlic can give you relief from tooth pain. If not, you can crush it and mix some salt and apply it to the affected area for the relief.
- Chewing guava leaves also help reprieve a toothache and develop healthy gums. You can also make a mouthwash solution by boiling guava leaves in water.
If by chance you don’t find any ingredients in your kitchen, simply jump towards your fridge and grab some ice cubes. Wrap it in a cloth and pacify your tooth pain with the cool pack. Also, don’t forget to consult a dentist as there might be internal causes for the pain which cannot be diagnosed generally.