What if you had been a working mother or a busy brat worn out throughout the day and become weary soon? No wonder you must be thinking of a supernatural energy drink that revitalizes and refreshes your system to give a new kick start for the rest of the day. Healthy energy drinks help you make your world healthy and to keep away from undesirable or unhealthy ingredients your body may not need such as caffeine. Below are some of the natural healthy energy drinks you can blend in your kitchen in a simple and easy way to fight fatigue and even heat (during summer).
1. Homemade Kvass – Natural Energy Drink:
It’s a natural energy drink of Russian origin and is rich in probiotics that help the gut bacteria to grow and protect our gut. The gut bacteria fight against disease-causing bacteria. It is highly recommended as it is natural with no preservatives and very refreshing
- Prevent post-surgical infections of the gut
- Treats acute and chronic diarrhea
- Relieves (IBS) inflammatory bowel disease
- Treats irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Protects from the symptoms of cancer
- Improves immune system
- 1 pound rye bread, (it should contain only rye flour and no additives)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar,
- 1 pack dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour
- Drinking water
- One dozen raisins
- Chop the rye bread into 1/4-inch pieces in a food processor.
- Boil water 4 quarts and cool to 175 degrees F. Mix the bread to boiled water, stir well, cover with a lid and leave in a warm place (76-78 degrees F) for an hour. Strain and keep the bread and the liquid.
- Boil 2 1/2 quarts water, cool down to 175 degrees F and add the strained bread. Cover and leave in a warm place for 2 hours. Strain and discard the bread. Combine both batches of liquid.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar to 1 tsp water in a bowl. Stir continuously over heat until the mixture turns golden brown. (Do not burn.) Remove from heat and slowly blend in 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid. Now add in the mixture into the entire batch of liquid.
- Add 1 cup water and the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar in a pan. Bring it to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir this syrup into the reserved liquid and allow the mixture to come to room temperature (about 75 degrees F).
Mix the yeast and flour and mix with 1 cup of the liquid. Return this yeast mixture to the pot. Make an X of masking tape across the top of the pot. Cover it with clean kitchen towel and leave in a warm place (73-78 degrees F) overnight. Cool the kvass to about 50-54 degrees F. Transfer to bottles, seal tightly and refrigerate for 24 hours. The kvass can be refrigerated for 2-3 days for consumption.
2. Nannari Sarbath and Nannari Syrup – Natural Energy Drink:
Nannari Sarbath is a refreshing and cooling natural healthy energy drink prepared from roots of Sarsaparilla herb which cools down the body, hence it is highly recommended in summers.
- Natural body coolant.
- No side effects as it is natural and can be consumed every day.
- Vitamin C in Lemon improves the immune system.
- Fights Common colds.
For Nannari Syrup:
- Nannari root – 50gms
- Sugar – 259gms
- Water – 2 ½ cups
- Lemon juice – 2 Tsp
- Wash the roots 2 to 3 times. After clean and devoid of clay dry the roots completely.
- Crush them in a blender just once or twice to peel off the brown outer layer of the root and discard the middle white thick shoot.
- Now blend the roots further into tiny pieces
- Bring the water to a boil till it bubbles. Then add the Nannari crushed root to the boiled water and close the lid tightly. Let the essences of Nannari get into the water, so leave it overnight.
- Take a double folded cotton cloth and strain the contents. Add sugar to the solution and bring it to a boil where a thread is formed in the syrup.
- Let it cool down and add lemon to it. Collect the contents in a clean glass bottle and refrigerate. Looks more like honey.
For Nannari Sarbath:
- Water – 1 cup
- Nannari syrup – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Mix the contents in a glass and stir well. Serve cool.
3. ABC juice – Natural Energy Drink:
A healthy way to start your day is with ABC juice which is a nutritional natural healthy energy drink. It energizes and revitalizes your body. The perfect combination of Apple, Carrot and Beet Root meets your Vitamin and Mineral Diet required by your body in a day.
- Improves the immune system
- Fights against cancer
- Improves vision
- Protects heart
- Protects stomach from ulcers
- Regulates bowel movements
- Increases production of RBC
- Detoxifies liver
- Purifies blood
- Beet Roots
*All Three in equal quantities
- Blend the ingredients in food processor and serve cool.
- To enhance the taste add Lemon and ginger according to your taste.
4. Banana Slush Punch – Natural Energy Drink:
Banana Slush Punch is a natural healthy energy drink which refreshes and replenishes the body.
- Bananas slush punch is rich in potassium, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Folate, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Niacin, and Iron.
- Potassium helps in muscular contraction and relaxation as well as vasodilatation and nerve cell response
- It also helps in reducing the formation of kidney stones
- Oranges and Lemonades lowers cholesterol
- Aids in vision
- Improves immune system
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 can Pineapple juice
- 2 cans frozen orange juice
- 1 can frozen lemonade
- For concentrate- 3 cups water and 3 liters Ginger Ale
- Blend bananas, sugar and 3 cups water in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl, mix pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate and Lemonade concentrate along with 3 cups water.
- Pour this concentrate into 3 plastic containers and freeze until solid
- Remove from freezer 3 hours before serving
- Pour into a punch bowl and add Ginger ale, serve cool.
5. Ginger, Lemon, Cinnamon, and Honey – Natural Energy Drink:
When the weather is cold and while your chest also suffers from common cold, cough, and congestion the best way to fight the trouble is to take a hot drink in a combination of Ginger, Lemon, Cinnamon, and Honey. This natural healthy drink comforts the throat and chest while strengthening the immune system.
- Fights common cold naturally
- Improves immune system
- Increases appetite
- Promotes digestion
- Creates unhealthy environment for the disease-causing Virus
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps in regulating blood sugar
- Protects heart
- Ginger – 2 inches (cleaned)
- Cinnamon sticks – 2 inches
- Lemon – 3 or 4
- Honey – 4 or 5 Tsp
- Place in a liter water ginger, Cinnamon sticks. Bring them to a boil till it bubbles.
- Close the lid tightly, remove from heat and leave for 15 minutes.
- Pour the contents into cup, add a lemon juice of 1 lemon and 1 and a half tsp honey
- Drink hot and preserve the remaining solution for further use through the day.
Drinking plenty of water will activate your biorhythms and ticks your internal clock. Herbal teas are devoid of caffeine and warmth of it soothes your throat and chest. Chamomile and Passionfruit tea fall into a top list of sleep-inducing natural drinks. Coconut water which is high in Magnesium also regulates sleep and energizes the body.
Also Read: Natural Homemade Remedies For Headache